Sign up to stay in touch!
Be the first to receive updates and special offers for Malaysia Holiday experiences.
Here just a few favourites:
• Take in the breathtaking views from Gunung Mat Chincang which can be reached by Cable car from the Oriental Village. A walk along the Skybridge, a 125m suspension bridge, linking the cable car to Mat Chincang is a must do.
• Join an island cruise to view the breathtaking scenery of Dayan Bunting and Beras Basah Islands area – approx. 4 hours or book a sunset tour. You may also charter your own luxury yacht for a leisurely cruise around the islands.
• Shopping – visit Craft Cultural Complex on Langkawi’s north coast for hand-drawn batiks and craved silverware. Oriental Village is your unique shopping, cultural and culinary destination in Burau Bay. Atma Alam Batik Art Village highlights the Malaysian art and culture, you can even participate in a Batik workshop.
• Dining: the island is reputed for its delicious fresh seafood including local Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Continental, Middle Eastern and other international cuisines. The flavours are everything from sweet to spicy to salty to sour. Even the street food is safe to try as long as you chose a place that is highly frequented
• Get pampered! – There are plenty of spas around to choose from. The best on the island would have to be the Spa at The Four Seasons Langkawi, The Mandra Spa at The Datai or the V Botanical Spa at The Andaman Resort.
• Pulau Payar Marine Park – approx. 45min-1 hour boat ride from Kudah jetty is one of the most spectacular places to experience the diverse marine life and underwater world. The sheltered waters are ideal for snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming.
• Visit the Nature Parks – Kilim Nature Park, The Dayan Bunting Geoforest Park and the Mat Chincang Cambrian Park – all UNESCO listed. You will discover magnificently formed landscapes that date back almost 500 million years as well as caves, waterfalls and much more.
• Join a cooking class in the midst of the rice fields to learn the local secrets about Malaysian cuisine
• Other attractions to include: the Durian Perangin Waterfalls for picnics and a relaxing dip, the Seven Wells waterfall, The Hole In The Wall Fish Farm where you can feed tame stingrays, exploring the caves by boat, being a rice paddy farmer at Laman Padi, the Buffalo Park feeding, ride and hands-on milking of the buffalos, Underwater World Langkawi, Langkawi Wildlife Park and Crocodile Adventure Land.
With so much to see, to do and to experience, Langkawi is a great place for an all-round holiday that offers something for everybody, a holiday destination like no other. Experience it for yourself and book your next holiday with Malaysia Holidays.
By submitting this form, you are granting Malaysia Holidays permission to email you.